Nuclear Proliferation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuclear Proliferation

This forum is designed to be somewhat similar to several discussions on the subject of Nuclear Proliferation. It is a place where people can express their point of view on this world issue and discuss it with others.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Agent Orange

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ohnn

ohnn

Agent Orange Empty
PostSubject: Agent Orange   Agent Orange Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 4:20 pm

i know, it's a biological hazard, not nuclear, but whatever. i just wanted to know your opinions in this.

in the war in korea, they released angent orange without informing the militants about it until several decades AFTER the war. so the militants fighting for us also got exposed and by that, mutations occured and that also includes, directly or indirectly, death. if i remember correctly, they released the agent in the borders seperating north and south korea. when asked about the agent, the government denied usign it. o.0'''

what do you have to say about this?
Back to top Go down
http://www.drunkduck.com/story_of_my_life
Admin
Admin
Admin

Agent Orange Empty
PostSubject: -.- HAH!   Agent Orange Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 12:59 pm

Well of course they are going to deny using it. o.O;~ it makes rational sense for them to do so because...well then if they had said they did use it...then their image and reputation would be tarnished. So it makes sense. But yeah, I think its horrible to do something like that. First of all, just the idea of using something like that is bad, but not even telling the military that they will be exposed to it o.O is worse. But I guess it makes sense, like....the people would get suspicious to see the militia with gas masks on o-o or whatever would protect them... I really don't know. And was it really used in the Korean War? I never knew that, I just knew about it an the Vietnam War...o-o or maybe I am mistaken xD;~ who knows. But anyway, yeah, it would seem suspicious. However, o.o that does not change the fact that it's inhumane. However, I don't know how "humane" you can actually call the US, or most nations for that matter. But I am sure there could have been better methods of attacking.
Back to top Go down
https://nuclearproliferation.forumotion.com
ohnn

ohnn

Agent Orange Empty
PostSubject: Re: Agent Orange   Agent Orange Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 12:27 pm

i an directly quoting this from the book:

AGENT ORANGE WAS USED IN KOREA

"agent orange" is practically synoymous with the vietnam war. the dow chemical defoliant was used to de'junglize large areaw, exposing enemy troops, supplies, and infiltrators. it has been linked, though never definitively, to a number of nasty health proablems such as hodgkin's disease and adult-onset diabetes, pluse spina bifida in offspring. the Veterans Administration compensates sick veterans who were exposed in vietnam.

but ti turns out that 'nam wasnt the only place to get doused with this super-herbicide. from april 1968 to july 1969, 21,000 gallons of agent orange were sprayed along a strip of land abutting the southern border of the demilitarized zone between the two koreas. during that time period, around 80,000 us military personnel serves in south korea, although not all of them would've been in the vincity of the dmz. the va contradicts itself regarding who did the spraying, claiming at one point that it was south korea but saying at ather point that the department of defrense did it.

in september 2000, the va quietly sent letters to veeterans who serves in korea during the spraying, letting them kmnow that they may have been exposed with agent orange. since these letters were sent over 30 eyars after the exposure, the pentagon mustve jsut found out about it, right? actually, even if you buy the story that the south koreans were responsible, the us military knkew about the spraying at the time it happened, but kept quiet about it for decades. it was only when news reports began citing declassified documents in 1999 that the government decided to do something.

possibly exposed vets can get tested fo free by the vertans administration. the catch is, if tey're sick with Hodgkin's or some other horrible disease, they-unlike their vietnamese compatriots- arent eligible for compensation or additional health care. however, for their agnony, korean vets will receive a free newsletter, the same the vietnam vets get.

and i got that from "50 things you're not supposed to know" by russ kick
and his sources were
-"agent orange and related issues" departnemt of veterans affairs fact sheet, jan 2003
-"agent orange outside of viet nam" news and notes for florida veterans, april 2003
-department of veterans affairs, st. petersburg regional office
-jelink, pauline "some to get agent orange testing" associated press, 3 nov 2000
-VHA directive 2000-027: registry examinations for veterans possibly exposed to agent orange in korea. department of veterans affairs, veterans health administration, 5 sept 2000.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Agent Orange Empty
PostSubject: o.o~   Agent Orange Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 7:44 am

Oh wow...that's interesting. I will have to do more research on it too~ ^^; thank you for sharing the info!~ I wonder how long it took you to type all of that o.o;~
Back to top Go down
ohnn

ohnn

Agent Orange Empty
PostSubject: Re: Agent Orange   Agent Orange Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 5:40 pm

not long, just the end of eternity. no big deal. lol.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Agent Orange Empty
PostSubject: lol   Agent Orange Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 7:41 am

lol!~ Hehe, well I guess it does not necessarily relate DIRECTLY to nuclear weaponry, but yeah....I doubt something as extreme as that would be used while their own troops were in the country that was being attacked. I know that nuclear weapons or the use of it should have long term impacts~ right? And US troops were in Japan post WWII. I wonder if it could have had any kind of impact on them although they did not have direct exposure. And of course...it damaged the environment as well -.-....the evil-ness of weapons.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Agent Orange Empty
PostSubject: Re: Agent Orange   Agent Orange Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Agent Orange
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Nuclear Proliferation :: Disambiguation of Issue :: Impact of Nuclear Technology-
Jump to: